Like the Büldog, the Chupacabron is inspired by the Gibson Johnny A. This is possibly the most versatile instrument we make. If you grab an amp with decent headroom and roll off the tone, the result is a lush, wooden and airy sound rivaling the best archtops of yore. With an amp that breaks up nicely, suddenly you find yourself at the wheel of a finely-tuned nasty blues machine.
The robust center block ensures that even the most gain-happy of pedal lovers can push this thing with impunity: no deafening hollow-body howl, and the kind of singing, endless sustain that would surprise you even in a solid-body guitar.
“This is a freaking awesome guitar dude!!!! I’m using it on a bunch of songs already.” — Tim Mitchell, Grammy winning guitarist, producer & songwriter.
Don’t miss Tim wailing on the Chupacabron with Shakira, coming to your area soon! http://www.shakiraconcerts.com/
- Top wood: solid carved spruce
- Back and Sides: flamed maple laminate
- Color: IPA Burst (pictured), Quetzal Blue Flame (back and sides vintage natural)
- Neck: Maple
- Indian ebony fretboard
- Scale: 25.5”
- Duesenberg Long-Frame Tremola (optional)
- Wilkinson roller TOM bridge
- 19:1 locking tuners
- TV Jones FilterTrons
- Three-way pickup selector switch
- 2 Volume knobs, 2 Tone knobs
- $2799 without tremolo
- $2899 with tremolo
- +$199 (optional) PLEK’d and set up to your preferred specs by Gary Brawer, master tech (optional)
NOTE: LIMITED EDITION / LIMITED PRODUCTION MODEL. CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK: SEVEN (ONLY) WILL BE READY TO SHIP BY FEB. 23. PLACE YOUR DEPOSIT NOW BEFORE THIS BATCH IS GONE.