The Driftcaster is part of the Flabbergaster Series. (Lots of people build “regular” Teles. Sorry, we don’t do normal: we enradden!)
The Driftcaster takes the word “relic” to a whole new level.
Not everyone in California is a surfer, but we love our beaches. Cool stuff washes up all the time, worn by the turmoil of the sea. Unfortunately, few (if any) primo Telecasters wash up, but if they did, they’d probably look something like this.
So we “distressed” the crap outta some Tele bodies, then used a reactive stain to simulate the ravages of the surf. The bronze patina pickguard is antiqued to match.
On the surface, this is our most “normal” Tele, with ashtray bridge and “regular” pickups. But with the silky-smooth Deusenburg tremolo, 5-way switching, and ebony fingerboard, this one is in a class of its own.
- Body wood: “Aged” Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale: 25.5
- Bridge: Wilkinson ashtray, notched
- Duesenberg short-frame Tremola
- Wilkinson locking tuners
- Pickups: Neck, Dominger ’59 Tele; Bridge, Dominger ’59 Tele
- 5-way Switch (out of phase, series, plus the usual 3 choices)
- Pickguard: exclusive 3-ply black / white / bronze patina
- 1 Volume knob, 1 Tone knob
- PLEK’d and set up to your preferred specs by Gary Brawer, master tech (optional)
CUSTOM BUILD: ALLOW 8-12 WEEKS. WE PREFER THAT YOU CONTACT US TO DISCUSS THE BUILD SO THAT WE HAVE ALL THE INFO NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR INSTRUMENT PERFECT FOR YOU.
$1999, $2199 with tremolo